Debt Relief Services in Canada
If you're feeling stressed and are struggling with your debt, debt relief services are available in a number of forms across Canada. There are different options for different financial situations. It’s not one-size-fits-all. We can help you find the right option that suits your situation and your financial goals.
|Global News interviews Julia Fletcher
after she eliminates $10,000 in debt
with no interest with help from the
Credit Counselling Society. Watch Now
|CTV story shows how Dan Robinson
pays off $30,000 in debt with zero
interest after getting help from
the Credit Counselling Society.
Creating a Debt Relief Plan for You
We can help you put together a debt relief plan to:
- Save thousands of dollars in interest by potentially eliminating or drastically reducing your interest rates
- Repay your debts with one affordable monthly payment
- Explore all your options to get out of debt and re-establish financial stability
- Afford to pay your bills and living expenses with a realistic budget
Explore Your Options to Get Out of Debt - Choose the Best One
When you start looking at your options to get debt relief and consolidate credit card debt, it can be hard to know which option will work best. One of our experienced Credit Counsellors can answer your questions, explain the short and long-term impacts of any debt option and give you the information you need to make an informed decision.
Debt Relief Options
Some of the debt relief options and tips a Credit Counsellor will explain are:
- Programs to repay debt and consolidate payments, making it easier to manage all of your bill payments and living expenses.
- Debt management programs where your creditors waive or reduce how much interest they charge you. This helps you repay what you owe.
- Help with your household budget so that you can go back to your lender for a loan or mortgage refinance.
- Insolvency options provided by a bankruptcy trustee, e.g. referral to a trustee for information about going bankrupt or filing a Consumer Proposal to repay part of what you owe.
- Lump sum payment arrangements and how debt settlement works in Canada. There are advantages and disadvantages to making one large payment, after which your creditors will write off anything left owing. You’ll want to know about the long term consequences ahead of time.
- Researching debt relief companies and how to find reliable, truthful reviews.
- You might not be able to repay your debts, so you need to know how to communicate with your creditors in a way to stop stressful collection calls or write a forgiveness of debt letter.
- Dealing with and paying off government debt.
With any options like these the longer you wait, the less options you’ll have over time. However, the best debt relief solution to choose will be one that fits your budget, future goals, and helps you avoid getting into debt again in the future.
Get Free, Confidential Debt Help - Our Debt Relief Services are Here for You
Find out how we can help you. Make an appointment to speak with one of our Credit Counsellors. Appointments with them are always free and completely confidential. There not here to judge you. There here to help you. Over 70,000 people contact us every year for help and 98% of those surveyed report they would recommend our services to others. We're not just another one of those debt relief companies you see or hear promoting their services so they can make money off of your difficulties. We're a registered non-profit that is only here to help you. Get relief from your debt and stress. Give us a call at 1-888-527-8999. You have nothing to lose but your debt.