Edmonton Job & Career Fair
|Date:||Saturday, November 28th, 2015|
|Time:||9:00am – 3:00pm|
|Location:||The Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel - Elk Island Room
10155 105 Street, Edmonton, Alberta
If you’ve ever wanted to change the world, this might be your opportunity. One client at a time.
The Credit Counselling Society is a non-profit, charitable organization established in 1996 to help educate the public on the wise use of credit and assist people in financial difficulty. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career where you can really make a positive difference in peoples’ lives, we’d like to meet you!
This has been a very busy year, so we’re looking to add Credit Counsellors and Business Development/Financial Educator to our Edmonton team.
As a Credit Counsellor you will work directly with clients to gather financial and personal information which will help you analyze and understand their current situation. You will work with our clients to provide information, options, and solutions to help them resolve their financial difficulties. You will also help our clients improve their budgeting and personal money management skills through coaching and guidance.
Community Outreach | Financial Educator
In this role, you will have a very flexible work schedule and a tonne of variety. We need someone who has previous business development experience and isn’t afraid to knock on doors and introduce yourself to let people know about what we do and how to manage their money. You will be in the community speaking with financial institutions, employers, HR professionals, community agencies, schools, and post-secondary institutions to make them aware of and promote our services. You will also deliver in-person workshops and online webinars to help people develop their money management skills.
Why you should work for CCS
- We really care about the people we help, and they consistently tell us what a huge difference we’ve made in their lives. Read some of our nearly 300 online reviews to see for yourself
- All of your coworkers here are supportive, helpful, friendly, and encouraging
- We’ve won many awards for being a great place to work
- We are a leader in our industry, and growing very quickly
- We offer a competitive starting salary and generous benefit package that includes extended medical/dental and RRSP matching
- We have opportunities for growth within the organization and programs in place to help you get there
We’re looking for people who have:
- A passion for helping people
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Customer service focus – striving to exceed client expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated experience working with the public
- Well organized and able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Proficiency in current computer office applications (e.g. Microsoft Office) and comfortable adapting to new software
- Post-secondary education, degree or diploma is an asset
- Business Development, customer service, credit/lending banking and /or financial adviser experience is preferred
If you see yourself in either of these job descriptions and you have what we’re looking for, we’d love to meet you. Please bring your resume and be prepared for a 15 minute interview.
|Great Place to Work Canada has ranked the Credit Counselling Society as one of the best workplaces in Canada for organizations under 1,000 employees|