We are committed to helping you learn good money management skills. Our highly requested 7 step workbook has helped thousands of people develop a personal budget. It can work for you too.
|This workbook is available as a free PDF download, or you can view it online. If you wish to receive a printed version of this workbook, please contact us to obtain a copy.|
|Download Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Worksheet (.xlsx) File|
|Download Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls) File|
If you don't have Microsoft Excel, you can download OpenOffice for free and then download the file below:
|Download Open Office Spreadsheet (.ods) File|
You can also download the calculator spreadsheet on the Mac and open it in Numbers:
|Download Mac version as Numbers Spreadsheet (.numbers) File|
To make budgeting easier and more fun, we've created a budget calculator that guides you as you create your own budget. It makes suggestions and warns you if you appear to be spending too much money in any area of your budget. Once you're done, it can take a look at your budget and see if it can find any ways for your to improve your spending plan or save some money.
Features of Our Free Budget Calculator Spreadsheet
Our free Excel, OpenOffice, and Numbers (for the Mac) budgeting worksheet will help you manage your money better. The features of the calculator include:
- A smart, interactive calculator worksheet that guides you through the budgeting process
- It's user-friendly, and easy to use even if you don’t really know how to use Excel
- Gives you a whole new perspective on your budget with simple, helpful graphs (this is great if you're not a numbers person)
- Tells you what a "normal" amount is to spend in each category of your budget based on our budgeting guidelines.
- Clear graphs, dollar values and percentages so that you can adjust your budget as you go
- It does all the math for you
- Stand-alone Excel or Open Office file keeps your information private on your own computer
- Drop down menus let you tell it whether each expense occurs weekly, monthly, annually, etc.
- Keeps a running total of how much you’re planning to spend versus your income
- Identifies common budgeting pitfalls and offers tips and solutions to fix them
- If you want to reduce your expenses and save some money, it can suggest dozens of places where you could look at reducing your expenses
- Easy to use with more personalized expense categories than other similar budgeting templates
The budget calculator is also a personal budget template that can be used just as easily for household or family budgets. For more details about our budget calculator, check out it's home page on our educational website, MyMoneyCoach.ca.