Trusted Ways to Manage and Overcome Debt Problems in Canada
Debt problems can creep into anyone's life in Canada, and the one thing they often seem to have in common is the massive anxiety, stress, and worry that they tend to cause. If you're ready to deal with your problem with debt, we can help you find the right solution for your situation so that you can sleep again and not have to agonize about your bills and financial issues anymore.
How to Overcome Your Debt Problems
When you’re considering how to overcome serious debt problems in Canada, the best way is to tackle them sooner than later. Waiting and hoping that things will get better means that you will probably end up with less options available to you in the future.
If you're not sure what to do or where to start and you'd like some guidance or information, feel free to call us or anonymously chat with us online. We're happy to answer your questions or help you make an appointment to speak with one of our accredited Counsellors confidentially. There is never any charge for our appointments, and we don't obligate you anything.
|Julia Fletcher is interviewed by Global
TV after the Credit Counselling Society
helped her overcome her debt problems
and repay her debt with no interest.
Watch News Story
|CTV story shows how Dan Robinson
paid off $30,000 in debt with no
interest after receiving help from
the Credit Counselling Society.
CTV - Help to Pay Down Debt
Our friendly, professional Credit & Debt Counsellors will help you get your finances back on track with a realistic plan that's broken down into practical steps. Here is some of what they can help you with:
- Putting together a budget to handle all your debts and living expenses
- Showing you things you can do right now to begin resolving your debt problems
- Discussing options with you that can help you pay down your debts or look at alternatives to going bankrupt if you aren't able to afford to repay all of the debt you owe
Serious Debt Problem Warning Signs
For some people, their situation improves and they're able to manage to get back on track without anyone else helping them. However, if you have been wrestling with a debt issue for over a year, watch out for these warning signs. They might indicate that you may have a more serious debt problem.
To figure out if you need some assistance to get your debts back on track, ask yourself:
- Is debt stress making it more difficult to deal with everyday life?
- Do you notice that you are no longer getting ahead simply making minimum payments?
- Have you been declined for a debt consolidation loan?
- Do you depend on your credit cards, line of credit, or overdraft to make ends meet each month?
- Are you on the receiving end of collection calls or letters?
- Are you embarrassed by your financial situation?
- Are you having trouble sleeping because of money worries?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions about the signs of debt problems, then you most likely need help to eliminate your debts and get your finances back on track. Speak with one of our Credit & Debt Counselors today.
Options and Solutions for Debt Problems
Worrying about money and debt problems can literally make you sick from all the stress. But in addition to worrying about their money, we’ve found that many people come to us afraid of what might happen to them.
Helping you work through various options and solutions for your debt challenges is only part of the help we provide. We also want to make the time to answer any questions you may have about money management, credit, and debt issues so you can make an informed choice about what to do and how you would like to deal with your debt problems.
Feel free to use the phone, anonymous online chat, or email to ask us your questions or to make an appointment to talk with one of our Debt Counsellors. Appointments with the Credit Counselling Society's Counsellors are available in person or over the phone and are always free, non-judgmental, and completely confidential.
Additional Information About How to Manage & Fix Debt Problems to Get Them Under Control in Canada
If you want to learn more on your own, here are popular topics that we get a lot of questions from
Canadians who are searching for solutions about how to manage, fix, and eliminate their debt problems.
- 12 Ways How to Get Out of Debt in Canada
- How to Deal with Collection Calls and Demand Letters
- What to Do if You Get Turned Down for a Debt Consolidation Loan in Canada
- Alternatives to Declaring Bankruptcy in Canada
- Debt Management Plan
Give us a call at 1-888-527-8999. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have or refer you to an friendly, experienced professional who can provide you with the specific advice or solution you need.